Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Please, don't let me forget

I remember grandma's back yard. With the orange and blue slide and the witch my cousin and I thought lived in the bush on the side of the house. Someone else lives there now and they've let the grass die.

I remember when the sound of my mom drawing a bath helped me to fall asleep and delilah was still on the radio.

I remember when my mom took us driving through the canyon on a Sunday afternoon. There was a thunderstorm outside and we were listening to Enya. That was the day I fell in love with nature.

I remember the first time I got a black eye. A boy threw a rock at my face and it hit my eye. That was the day I learned that boys can be cruel.

I remember grandpa giving out bags of Doritos for halloween because he used to be a truck driver for Frido Lay. He still works a lot and he still drives trucks. 

I remember my brother and I building a fort in our room. We would sit in it and watch the Bernie Mac show when it was way passed our bed time. We don't get along anymore and we always fight over car keys and the T.V remote.

I remember the three different schools I went to for second grade, And I remember why.

I remember the first boy I had a crush on. His name was Derek. He had one ear piercing,frosted tips in his long brown hair and he always wore black. I wouldn't let myself date a guy like that now...

I remember hating my neighbor after seeing him with another woman. And I remember the neighbor girl who I used to play with. She lied a lot and ate her hair. Well, She's a model now and cheer captain at her high school. 

I remember when my mom was depressed. Always sleeping and never wanting to go to church. Im afraid of ending up they way she was. I remember the day she met my step dad and the day they got married. She's happy now.

 Oh, I remember.

I remember it all...

And I don't want to forget.

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting to think about how you think you've seen a ton, and then you listen to someone else's memories and realize how little you've actually experienced... Random, sorry - This was just on my mind as I read your post... I love your style though! Can't wait to find out who you are:D

    ReplyDelete