Sunday, November 3, 2013

Death

Death. 
Im am supposed to write about death... 
Death is kind of an awkward thing to write about. 
One second you are here, you're blinking and you're heart is beating, and the very next second, you're in a place none of us have ever been. 
I don't know what I should think about it. 
I don't know wether to think of it as a good thing or to think of it as a bad thing. 
Like when your grandpa is dying from Cancer and you would do anything to make him feel better. 
but then death opens up with a warm embrace to take you onto "a better place". 
How is that a bad thing? 
Or like the time when your best friend from childhood is shot and killed at the age of 4. 
How is that a good thing? 
Death is the most two faced son of a mother that I have ever known! 
Death is completely unpredictable yet absolutely predictable. There are times when I see death and it seems so friendly and welcoming and it makes you feel like everything is going to be okay. 
But then, There are other times when I see it and its just down right cold and selfish and remorseless. 
Death is no friend of mine. 
In fact, I'm actually quite scared of death. 
I'm scared of the fact that you can't run or hide from it.
Even if somehow you do, it will always find a way to catch up with you. 
I'm also scared of the next time I will see it. 
Who will its next victim be? 
I hope and pray everyday that it won't be someone who means the world to me.
I'm also scared of when my time will be. 
I haven't finished seeing the world yet! 
I haven't finished trying to influence it! 
And then, along comes death to take you away wether your finished or not! 
I'm sorry if this sounds like a hate letter about death. 
I guess it's just doing its job... 
I was watching Forrest Gump last night, and I learned from Mama that " Death is just a part of life, something were all destined to do." 
Yeah I guess she is right. 
Were all going to die someday. 
But, don't let 'YOLO' become a way of life. 
Do something great and make and adventure. 
That's all I have to say about that...

-Darla Roe


No comments:

Post a Comment