Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Tribute for Bricks



        This is a little shout out to all bricks.

I want to thank them for staying solid when I needed it the most.

If it weren't for the bricks I would have fallen to pieces years ago.

You see, you've taught me something vital.

Bricks don't hurt. People do.

Throw some bricks I dare you.

I won't mind.

All the scars and bruises that won't heal have already made me numb.

Go ahead.

One brick for when you left.

One more brick for the time you pushed her against the wall.

And another brick for October 31st.

Everything you did was just another brick used to block you out.

Don't you dare plea for me to let you back in. 

You had it all in your hands but, you decided you were done.

What else is there to say?

The bricks have been laid.

You poured the concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment