Monday, October 21, 2013

Love Is Only a Stranger

Love? 

Yeah, I know who love is.


I don't know a whole lot about it but, I see it every now and again at the grocery store and sometimes at the park.


We have never really spoken to each other though.

I merely smile at it and give it a little head nod of acknowledgement whenever we see each other.

With all the times that our paths have crossed, I don't understand why I haven't just gone over to say hi.

I guess I have always been waiting for it to come to me first.

Love seems to stay kind of distant whenever it sees me.

I think it knows that I have been waiting for it, and I think that makes it nervous.

I would never do anything to hurt love though.

It's always so sweet and so kind and even when you do something wrong, it's always there to make you feel better.

I love that about love.

If only I could get to know it, my life would feel complete.

I'm afraid that I am never going to go get to know it.

And, what if one day it moves away and I will never get to see it again?

Im also afraid that if I do go and introduce myself that love will reject me and make me feel heartbroken.

Love has been known to do that to people.

What if that's the reason we haven't met yet?

Maybe love is trying to protect me from heart ache?

Maybe love knows that now is not the time for us.

Maybe love is waiting for the most opportune time to introduce itself?

Or maybe love is always watching and is planning a surprise attack?

I can never be quite sure.

For now,I am just going to keep waiting.




2 comments:

  1. "Maybe love is trying to protect me from heart ache?" #stolen. I love how you give love a human personality (there's a name for that right? idk...) anyways, I like how you talk about love like it's someone that you care about. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you commenting! Yeah I think the world is called personification... Not really sure though. Haha.

    ReplyDelete